SCITT Postgraduate Teaching Apprenticeship

Postgraduate Teaching Apprenticeship programmes are a nationally-recognised, work-based route into teaching.

 

Details

Audience

Graduates looking for a work-based route to a teaching career.

To undertake this route you will need to have a school who is willing to support and pay your salary for the duration of the programme

Duration and Level

4 terms, The 2022/2023 Teaching Apprentice will start in July 2022.

Level 7

Entry Requirements

  • An honours degree from a UK Higher Education Institute or equivalent from NARIC
  • GCSE Maths, English Language and Science at Grade C/4 or above

We accept applications from candidates who are currently studying for any of the above qualifications.

Conditional offers

Any offers made would be conditional on you meeting the entry requirements, which must be gained and proof of evidence provided by 31st August.

  • An enhanced clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) regarding suitability to work with young people
  • Fitness to teach declaration
  • A reference demonstrating you are suitable to work with Children and Vulnerable adults

 

Finance Information

The training fee is £9,000.

Levy paying schools will be able to draw down this money from the levy.

Non levy paying schools – The government will pay 95% of the costs of the apprenticeship (up to the £9,000 apprenticeship funding band maximum) and the school is required to pay the remaining 5%.

How to apply

Apply via apply for teacher training – https://www.apply-for-teacher-training.service.gov.uk/candidate/account

Course code: K215

Provider: Somerset SCITT/Oak Partnership

The school should include in their reference for you that they are supporting you on the apprenticeship route.