Graduates looking for a work-based route to a teaching career.
To undertake this route you will need to have a school who is willing to support and pay your salary for the duration of the programme
Duration and Level
4 terms, The 2021/22 Teaching Apprentice will start in July 2021.
- An honours degree from a UK Higher Education Institute or equivalent from NARIC
- GCSE Maths, English and Science at Grade C/4 or above
We accept applications from candidates who are currently studying for any of the above qualifications.
Any offers made would be conditional on you meeting the entry requirements, which must be gained and proof of evidence provided by 31st August.
- An enhanced clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) regarding suitability to work with young people
- Fitness to teach declaration
- A reference demonstrating you are suitable to work with Children and Vulnerable adults
The training fee is £9,000.
Levy paying schools will be able to draw down this money from the levy.
Non levy paying schools – The government will pay 90% of the costs of the apprenticeship (up to the £9,000 apprenticeship funding band maximum) and the school is required to pay the remaining 10%.
How to apply
Apply via apply for teacher training – https://www.apply-for-teacher-training.service.gov.uk/candidate/account
Course code: 3D3W
Provider: Somerset SCITT
Provider code: 232
The school should include in their reference for you that they are supporting you on the apprenticeship route.