Graduates looking for a route in to primary or early years teaching
Duration and Level
1 year, term time only
- An honours degree from a UK Higher Education Institute or equivalent from NARIC
- GCSE Maths, English Language and Science at Grade C/4 or above
We accept applications from candidates who are currently studying for any of the above qualifications.
Any offers made would be conditional on you meeting the entry requirements, which must be gained and proof of evidence provided by 31st August.
- An enhanced clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) regarding suitability to work with young people
- Fitness to teach declaration
- A reference demonstrating you are suitable to work with Children and Vulnerable adults
Somerset SCITT don’t require applicants to have prior experience in a school. However, where applicants have been able to gain experience, reports/references from these schools would be helpful.
Standard tuition fees apply. You may be eligible for student finance to cover fees and maintenance.
- PGCE £9,250
You may be eligible for student finance to cover the above fee. For further information please visit the following link –
Tuition Fees and Maintenance Loans:
Further financial support in the form of maintenance and tuition fee loans is available for all subjects, regardless of your qualifications. Find out more about student loans on www.gov.uk/student-finance. The website also gives details on additional support for learners on low incomes and who have caring responsibilities.
Other Financial Support:
Disabled students can apply for extra financial support through Disabled Students Allowances
How to apply
Apply via apply for teacher training – https://www.apply-for-teacher-training.service.gov.uk/candidate/account?courseCode=X100&providerCode=S31
Course code: X100, X121
Provider: Somerset SCITT
Provider code: S31