The aims of this course are:
- To provide an introductory level of knowledge and understanding about child abuse.
- To provide a local and national perspective, and to know what to do if you suspect that a child is being abused.
- Understand the different types of child abuse and the ways that they can affect children.
- Have a basic understanding of the way that key agencies work to protect children.
- Have a clear understanding of the Somerset child protection procedures.
- Have an opportunity to develop better inter agency working partnerships and consider the unique responsibility that each has in the protection of children.
- Have an understanding of their own professional responsibility in relation to child protection.
Cost: £90.00 per person
Funding is not currently available.
Practitioners and managers who work directly and indirectly with children and families. Priority will be given to staff who have a lead/designated role within their organisation.