The aims of this course are:
- To provide an introductory level of knowledge and understanding about child abuse
- To provide a local and national perspective, and to know what to do if you suspect that a child is being abused
- Understand the different types of child abuse and the ways that they can affect children
- Have a basic understanding of the way that key agencies work to protect children
- Have a clear understanding of the Somerset child protection procedures
- Have an opportunity to develop better inter agency working partnerships and consider the unique responsibility that each has in the protection of children.
- Have an understanding of their own professional responsibility in relation to child protection.
Prices start from £85.00 per person
Please log on to the SSE Website to find your school/setting price.
Practitioners and managers who work directly and indirectly with children and families. Priority will be given to staff who have a lead/designated role within their organisation.