Foundation Degree In Teaching and Learning – 11th September 2021, Ilminster
SCIL is offering a two-year Foundation Degree in Teaching and Learning in partnership with the University of Worcester. This programme is designed for those who wish to gain a higher-level academic practice-based qualification for those working or interested in working in educational support roles and maybe topped up to a full degree by completing the BA Hons.https://www.ucas.com/ucas-undergraduate-apply-and-track
The first year of the Foundation Degree is at Level 4 and the second is at level 5.
You will study the following modules in you first year:
- Introduction to Study Skills
- Reflective Journal
- Safeguarding and Well-being of Children and Young People (0-19)
- Introduction to the Development of Children and Young People (Double Module)
- Curriculum development
- Practice based Enquiry (Double Module)
The taught element of the course will take place either:
- Cohort 1 – One twilight a week on a Tuesday from 17:00 to 21:30 at Dillington House, Ilminster. There will be 5 Saturday sessions from 9:30 to 16:00 including a one-day conference.
- Cohort 2 – One day a week on a Thursday from 9.30 to 16:00 at Dillington House, Ilminster. There will be one Saturday in January.
- Cohort 3 – One twilight a week from 17:00 to 21:30 at Kilve Court, Kilve, Somerset
Cohorts are number dependent and will only run if the minimum numbers are reached.
This full time Foundation Degree requires you to attend taught sessions once a week during term time. The degree is work based and designed so that students can work alongside their studies. You must be working or volunteering in a relevant setting for a minimum of 10 hours a week.
32 UCAS Tariff points. These points are the new UCAS tariff, which will be used for courses starting from September 2017. See our new UCAS tariff page for more information: www.worcester.ac.uk/journey/new-ucas-tariff.html
Mature students (over 21 years): If you do not have formal qualifications a non-standard entry route is available.
Under 21 years: Passes A-C in four GCSE subjects plus one A level at grade C or equivalent points (e.g. 2 AS levels at grade D).
All successful applications will be invited to attend a selection day prior to the start of the course. This gives you an opportunity to meet tutors, other students and find out more information about the course. You will be asked to prepare a short piece of writing prior to the session and you will be required to participate in a group discussion.
The standard tuition fee for this full-time Foundation Degree is £9,250.00, for 2021/22. You may be able to apply for a student loan for the full cost of the course as well as a maintenance loan, which you are not required to start repaying until you earn over £25,000.00.
Visit UCAS – www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/ucas-undergraduate-apply-and-track
UCAS course code: XX12
Institution code: W80
Campus code: G
For those working or interested in working in an educational support role to enhance their skills and expertise whilst continuing to work.
It is ideal for those working in or want to work in:
- Children and young people’s workforce
- Early Years